4037Re: [LXX] Book of Odes

  • Filotheu Monahul
    Jun 27, 2014
      From Swete, p. 238-240 in my pdf:

      "THE ECCLESIASTICAL CANTICLES.
      In certain uncial MSS. and a large proportion of the cursives the Psalms are followed by a collection of liturgical ᾠδαί (cantica). [...] The nine Odes now sung at Lauds in the Orthodox Church are (following the order of cod. A) nos. 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11 + 13; the Roman Church uses at Lauds on successive days of the week 10, Isa. xii., Isa. xxxviii. 10—20, 3, 1, 6, 2, whilst 13, 11, 12 are recited daily at Lauds, Vespers, and Compline respectively545."

      --

      ---