4031Re: [LXX] Strong's parsing added unto brenton english translation

  • krizoek
    May 27, 2014

      The text is limited for preaching, distribution, and by this reason it wouldnt be possible to include it in any research. The copyright holder set boundaries that make it non-usable.

      What im working on is a community-project which share all data openly, and sourcecode for computer analyzises and parsing. People are able to generate copies of all versions and then use comparison softwares to check content.

      The sites which is allowed to show nets on display probably require a written permission in order for to do so.
      Such boundaries can't exist within a free collaboration project online. In order for the version to be used at all, the copyright holder must release it either under public domain, ccl, a gpl variant; or some other licences which allows free usages.

      ---In LXX@yahoogroups.com, <nebarry@...> wrote :

      On 5/27/2014 9:06 AM, krizoek@... [LXX] wrote:
      > The accuracy have to be checked.
      >
      > the nets isn't a free version, look at
      > http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/edition/copyright.pdf for details

      This is a copyright notice. I can read the translation for free online,
      and I can compare the translation with the LXX text. I also have the
      typical fair use rights to the text in anything I might want to write
      and publish.

      --
      N.E. Barry Hofstetter
      Quandoque Vesuvius fumare incipiet, tempus itum Brundisium erit!

      Private opinions expressed in this email do not reflect the opinions of
      any institution which which I am affiliated
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic