      From: philipengmann@...
      To: LXX@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 02:58:09 -0700
      Subject: Re: [LXX] RE: greek - hebrew. dictionary of the lxx parallels

      Dear Listees,

      in Habakkuk 2:4 the reflexive verb, ὑποστείληται, is used. Could not an active verb have sufficed?

      Thank you,

      Philip Engmann

      On Friday, January 31, 2014 7:58 PM, Jon Westcot <westcot@...> wrote:

      I might be on that list of buyers.

      To: LXX@yahoogroups.com
      From: nebarry@...
      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 07:03:41 -0500

      I think having a morphologically tagged Peshitta text would be excellent. I for one am going to send a note to that effect to Logos, and I suggest any other Logos users on this list do as well. If they think they can sell a few copies, they will do it...

      N.E. Barry Hofstetter
      Sent from my iPad
      Personal opinions expressed in this email do not reflect any institution with which I may be affiliated

      On Jan 30, 2014, at 11:34 PM, biblicaltheology@... wrote:

      Greetings Andrew,

      You appear to be asking if the Logos Peshitta text is morphologically tagged.  I checked their web site and found that it is not.  They do include a limited apparatus and offer two Syriac scripts:  Serto and Estrangela.

      The Logos LXX is tagged, thus the cursor hovering data as noted below.

      BibleWorks includes a non-tagged text as well.

      Accordance includes a grammatically tagged text as contained in Peshitta manuscript 7a1 (Milan, Ambrosian Library).

      I hope this helps.

      Best,
      Jay

      From: andrew finckea@...

      Dear James,
      Does it work that simply for the Peshitta Old Testament?  I was so excited to hear that Logos finally bought into the Leiden Peshitta Institute's Online Old Testament that I called Seattle and bought a trial version.  When I coldn't get a Peshitta verse to appear - let alone allow me to work with it -  I returned the software.  Can you get a Peshitta Old Testament verse up on your screen and "simply position my cursor over (a word) and it brings up the Hebrew word?"  If so, tell me how.
      Andrew

      From: jamesjay@...

      > I hate to mention this, but in Logos Bible software, I can simply
      > position my cursor over any vocabulary item in the LXX, and it brings up
      > the Hebrew word...

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic