4009Re: [LXX] RE: greek - hebrew. dictionary of the lxx parallels

  • James
    Jan 29, 2014
      Hi Andrew;

      I can't answer about the Peshitta Old Testament as I am unfamiliar with
      it. What I do know is that often the LXX uses Greek words to indicate
      words in the English translations that are not used in the -New-
      Testament. Ekklesia is one such word. In some English versions the New
      Testament has "church" in many places whereas in the Old Testament
      wherever the LXX uses the Greek word "Ekklesia" it's never "church".
      It's usually either "assembly" or "congregation". That t'wer my point in
      my question to Mr Hofstetter.

      James
      .