      From: Peter Galadza <pgaladza@...>
      To: "LXX@yahoogroups.com" <LXX@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:20 PM
      Subject: Re: [LXX] a paper on English translations of the 'LXX' psalms - by PG

      Thanks, Joel. This is very helpful! The article is indeed at Academia. edu, and I’ll get you the link tomorrow.
      Peter
      BTW, I’ve forgotten who translated the Psalms for the Orth. Study Bible. I’m in a cast with a broken ankle, so getting the info from my office is not easy – and I don’t see anything on any website about this.

      Very Rev. Peter Galadza, PhD
      Kule Family Professor of Liturgy
      Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute
      of Eastern Christian Studies
      Faculty of Theology
      Saint Paul University
      223 Main Street
      Ottawa, Ontario CANADA K1S 1C4

      OFFICE tel: 613-236-1393,  ext. 2419

      HOME tel: 613-230-0997
      CELL tel: 613-882-8272

      HOME address:
      160 McGillivray Street
      Ottawa, Ontario CANADA K1S 1K6

      From: Joel Kalvesmaki <kalvesmaki@...>
      Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM
      To: "lxx@yahoogroups.com" <lxx@yahoogroups.com>

      Dear Peter,

      LXX Groups doesn't allow attachments because of the potential for abuse and because it's generally not a good practice for a large number of recipients. I recommend you post your paper to your Academia.edu account (I see you have one) or an institutional repository, and just circulate the link, perhaps with an abstract. Then those who want can download it.

      If you want the material to go only to this group, there is a way to upload it to the group's servers, but it won't get as much circulation and exposure as via Academia.edu. If you want to exercise this second option, and can't figure it out (or don't have permission) from the web interface let me know off list.

      This is a good time to encourage others on the list to feel free to circulate news of recent articles and studies that have appeared. If there is a commercial angle to the posting, though (say, advertising a new LXX book that is for sale), the post should be routed first through the moderators.

      Best wishes,

      jk

      On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Peter Galadza <pgaladza@...> wrote:

      I attached a PDF of a paper – as an attachment, but I don’t see it. Please advise.
      Thanks.
      Peter

      From: Peter Galadza <pgaladza@...>
      Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM
      To: "lxx@yahoogroups.com" <lxx@yahoogroups.com>

      This may be of interest to some of you.
      Bon appétit.
      Peter

      Very Rev. Peter Galadza, PhD
      Kule Family Professor of Liturgy
      Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute
      of Eastern Christian Studies
      Faculty of Theology
      Saint Paul University
      223 Main Street