3993New English Translation of the Peshitta?

  • Jim Darlack
    Nov 13, 2013

      I seem to remember hearing somewhere that a project was in the works akin to the NETS that would create a modern translation of the Syriac ‘bible’.

      Does anyone have any specifics on this? I know that Gorgias Press is publishing the Antioch Bible which is an English/Syriac diglot, but I was wondering if anything is slated to usurp Lamsa’s translation (a much needed usurpation).

      ~Jim

      Jim Darlack, maot, mant, mslis
      Assistant Librarian for Reference & Bibliographic Instruction

      GORDON-CONWELL
      THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY

      GODDARD LIBRARY
      130 ESSEX STREET, SOUTH HAMILTON, MA 01982
      (978) 646-4004 | jdarlack@...
      www.facebook.com/goddardlibrary
      www.gordonconwell.edu/library