3974Division of the books in the Septuagint

  • reuvain44
    Oct 30, 2013

      The Hebrew bible originally had the books of Samuel I and II as one book and Kings I and II as one book.  A certain Jewish custom is quoted in a work published in 1339.  I saw an interesting explanation of that custom.  However, it assumes the division of the book of Samuel into I and II occurred after that date.  I am interested if the date the Septuagint divided it into two is known.  The same question would be asked in reference to the Vulgate.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic