      From: lxx@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lxx@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dirk Jongkind
      Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 12:45 PM
      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [lxx] LXX chapter numbers in MSS

      I'd be interested too, but haven't found much. For the Latin tradition there is:

      Bruyne, Donatien de. Sommaires, divisions et rubriques de la Bible latine. Namur: A. Godenne, 1914.

      I have never been able to locate this anywhere. It is clear though, that the Latin tradition has taken over some of the Greek systems. I wrote a little about it in my Sinaiticus book.

      Cheers
      Dirk Jongkind

      On 14/10/2013 16:28, Joel Kalvesmaki wrote:

      LXXers,

      Codex Sinaiticus has marginal chapter numbers for various prose books (e.g., Isaiah, Judges) that appear to be original to the manufacturing of the codex. Does anyone have one or more studies to recommend that explain the origins and development of such numbering systems in the manuscript tradition for the "prose" LXX books?

      Best wishes,

      jk
      --
      Joel Kalvesmaki
      kalvesmaki.com

      --
      Dirk Jongkind, PhD
      Deputy Senior Tutor, St. Edmund's College

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic