3967Re: [lxx] LXX chapter numbers in MSS

  • Dirk Jongkind
    Oct 14, 2013
      I'd be interested too, but haven't found much. For the Latin tradition there is:

      Bruyne, Donatien de. Sommaires, divisions et rubriques de la Bible latine. Namur: A. Godenne, 1914.

      I have never been able to locate this anywhere. It is clear though, that the Latin tradition has taken over some of the Greek systems. I wrote a little about it in my Sinaiticus book.

      Dirk Jongkind

      On 14/10/2013 16:28, Joel Kalvesmaki wrote:

      Codex Sinaiticus has marginal chapter numbers for various prose books (e.g., Isaiah, Judges) that appear to be original to the manufacturing of the codex. Does anyone have one or more studies to recommend that explain the origins and development of such numbering systems in the manuscript tradition for the "prose" LXX books?

      Best wishes,

      Joel Kalvesmaki

      Dirk Jongkind, PhD
      Deputy Senior Tutor, St. Edmund's College
      Research Fellow in New Testament Text and Language
      Tyndale House
      36 Selwyn Gardens
      Cambridge, CB3 9BA		Phone:(UK) 01223 566603
      United Kingdom			Fax:  (UK) 01223 566608
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic