3948Re: [lxx] more on numbering texts in antiquity

    Jan 27, 2013
      I decided to check for numbered items in the materials I've been
      collecting for a projected updated version of Roberts and Skeat on the
      birth of the codex
      (http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/rak/courses/735/book/codex-rev1.html), and
      found a couple of possibly relevant items:

      P. Rylands 1 53 (Pack 1106) parchment Homer; 3/4 century ce, quire
      number present

      M-P 2712 [Paraliterary Papyri 0278LDAB 5315 Cribiore 385] Lond BM 37533
      school word lists (8[9] wooden tablets 3rd c; two student hands, both
      sides; ##6-8 blank; "pages" numbered both sides)

      I'm not in a position to check the details right now, but thought it
      might be worth adding to the discussion.

      Bob Kraft, emeritus UPenn