      From: andrew fincke <finckea@...>
      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:08 AM
      Subject: RE: [lxx] Ancient Of Days

      Christopher,The "ancient of days" is Samuel. See 1 Sam. 15:12: "And when Samuel rose early to meet Saul in the morning it was told Samuel, saying, Saul came to Carmel, and behold, he set him up a place, and is gone about, and passed on, and gone down to Gilgal." LXX ends the verse quite a bit differently, starting with "place" (lit. "hand") it says: "And he turned the chariot and went down to Gilgal to Saul. And - look! - he offered up a burnt offering to the Lord, the firstfruits of the plunder he took from Amalek!" Samuel was a judge - 1 Sam. 7:15-17 - who worked in one place (verse 17) but also made circuits (verses 15-16). Thus he had a throne with "wheels" as Dan. 7:9 describes it. That's the chariot of 1 Sam. 15:12 LXX. The wheels were fiery, since they brought him to the burnt offering Saul was engaged in. Samuel at that time was an old man - see 1 Sam. 12:2 - and Saul a king on the verge of disenfranchisement. Dan 7:14 has Saul meeting Samuel,
      and verse 23 describes Saul's oppressive kingdom - see 1 Samuel 8:11-17 about "devour the whole earth." Verse 26 describes the destruction of the Davidic dynasty and verse 27 the establishment of the Christian church. Andrw Fincke
      To: mailto:lxx%40yahoogroups.com
      From: mailto:rhoadess%40yahoo.com
      Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:35:40 +0000
      Subject: [lxx] Ancient Of Days

      Dear LXX Scholars

      I was wondering how one can understand the title Ancient of Days as seen in Daniel chapter seven in relation to the six Creation Days in Genesis Chapter 1. Let us fist accept that the idea of time and thus the passage of days or any measure of time makes no sense unless the universe exist. This is proven by Einstein's theory of general relativity i.e. Space-Time. Might one be able to conclude that the use of the word days in the title Ancient of Days, implies many days, say thousands, or even millions of days, as far as we measure the passage of one 24/12 hour period. This conclusion would then force the use of the word day in Genesis 1 to take on the definition of long periods of time, rather than a 24 hour period. The reason I bring this up is that Ancient of Days makes no sense if we assume Genesis chapter 1's use of day is the 24/12 hour definition. That would mean that the title Ancient of Days could apply to anyone who is at lest 5 days older than
      someone else.

      Godspeed

      Christopher