385The History of the Septuagint and Christians

  • b_coxus
    Jul 11, 2002
      Greetings. I'm new to the list, so I apologize if this subject has
      been covered before. I was not able to find anything by doing a search.

      I have had a hard time finding any good, detailed information on when,
      how, and why Christians stopped using the Septuagint as their Old
      Testament and began using the Hebrew Text instead.

      Can anyone give of brief history of when, how, and why this change
      took place so that, today, our English Bibles are based on the Hebrew
      text and not the Septuagint on which the early Christians based much
      of their theology?

      A list of any relevant books with VERY detailed information about the
      history of this change would be highly appreciated as well.

      Thanks,
      Bryan Cox
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic