      From: lxx@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lxx@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Timothy Beach
      Sent: August-01-12 11:42 PM
      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [lxx] Did Jesus use the Septuagint?

      By way of introduction, I signed on to this list a few months ago as a
      learner, not a scholar. Thanks you for bring up this topic which is
      particularly interesting to me. According to what I've read online
      pertaining to the rise of Aramaic and the decline of Hebrew as ancient Jews
      spoken tongue, at the time of Jesus, Aramaic was dominant through out most
      of Palestine except in the vicinity of Jerusalem where scholars still
      insisted on speak Hebrew. In region of Jerusalem a lot of people were
      reportedly bilingual. However, I've never heard the LXX being used in
      Jerusalem and would love to get a hold of references for this if anyone has
      them available to pass along. Would also appreciate receiving feedback on
      the spoken Hebrew versus Aramaic issue in first century Palestine, and
      particularly in Judea. Thank you.

      Timothy Beach
      Taichung, Taiwan