      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      From: johnisaacmilton@...
      Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:50:06 -0400
      Subject: Re: [lxx] 2 Sam 23:1

      Hi Ken and Dick,

      It still seems that the 'al is superfluous in the MT. The verb qwm is
      sufficient and not necessary to have the collocation of the verb and 'al .
      Even the internal link or echo to 2 Sam 7:12 has only the verb qwm. Why does
      the MT's reading add the substantive - how does it add to the reading?
      Finally, can wee say that the kaige recension reflects the reading of 'al as
      a preposition (breaking from the MT on its vocalization as well as its
      accent)?

      Best,

      John