3729Re: [lxx] 2 Sam 23:1

  • John Milton
    Oct 14, 2011
      Hi Drew,

      Thanks for your response to my query. I am aware of Brenton's translation
      and the fact that translating the epi as concerning would not align with
      the MT. However, it seems that the LXX is reading the 'al' as a preposition
      and not with a disjunctive accent (as well as the Vulgate). I'm interested
      to know if it is possible to translate the epi as 'concerning' without the
      influence of Brenton's translation or the MT's late vocalized reading.
      Perhaps there is more going on in the translation - like in the targumim or
      the LXX of Jeremiah.

      Best,