37272 Sam 23:1

  • John Milton
    Oct 13, 2011
      I wondered if someone could give me an opinion of the LXX's rendering of the
      * 'al* ('on high') in 2 Sam 23:1. How would one translate the *epi* in that
      verse? Also is the accent conjunctive or disjunctive? I'm interested to know
      if the *epi* could be translated as 'concerning' or 'about' as if it is
      reading the *'al *with a *patach* and not a *qamets* in the MT, changing the
      reading of *'al* as a substantive and instead reading it as a
      preposition. interesting
      variants? Any help would be great. Much Thanks.