3636RE: [lxx] Re: Translation Shift in Greek Zechariah 8?

  • Yahunathan and the CF's
    Jun 13, 2011
      Hi Chris,

      From the start I realized that this forum's specific purpose was to advance and share knowledge pertinent to the Septuagint specifically and I respect that completely. I assume that might include discussions about how the Septuagint unlawfully/untorahfully alters the true breathed Words of Elohim. Nevertheless, my current role is to sit back and become accustomed to the rhythm and direction of the discussions and marvel at the many things that are way over my head. I am interested in the Septuagint and that's why I'm here.

      In terms of "accepted forms of representing ADONAI" I only know of one: ADONAI; or better yet aleph-dalet uau-nun-yod, adoni. Anyway, the accepted way to represent something that the Creator breathed is the way He breathed it: yod-hey-uau-hey for yod-hey-uau-hey, aleph-lamed-hey-yod-mem for aleph-lamed-hey-yod-mem, etc. The fleshly man in me who's dying daily would love to puff up and believe he has authority to represent Scripture any way he'd like to, but the Ruach(resh-uau-chet) in me honors, obeys, and preserves the Words of the Ruach in truth.

      Blessings! Jon P.S. There may be some who would prefer that we discussed these issues on a more personal basis and I respect that. Please write me outside the forum at westcot@...

      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      From: sigebryht@...
      Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:29:57 -0700
      Subject: [lxx] Re: Translation Shift in Greek Zechariah 8?

      Dear Jon,
      Thank you for your encouragement. As I noted before, posting to these forums is somewhat of a new experience for me, so I appreciate any further feedback you may have on etiquette, or on accepted forms of representing ADONAI and His revelation, etc.

      May His Peace be with you.

      Chris

      Posted by: "Yahunathan and the CF's"
      westcot@...

      Wed Jun 8, 2011 3:10 pm (PDT)

      Chris,

      Regarding your "Please note:..." paragraph below, thanks for being
      respectful TO HIM by not being like the prophets of falsehood who tried
      to make His people forget HIS NAME by their dreams(deceit in their own
      hearts) which everyone relates to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot
      His name for ba'al(Jer. 23:25-27...) . Thank you for having a heart for
      Deb./Deut. 4:2 and Prov./Mish. 30:6, and knowing that He is
      YHUH(yod-hey- uau-hey) and shall not change(Mal. 3:6). Regarding your
      study, no particular feedback except "Awesome, keep it up!" and keep us
      informed about all the truth that is revealed to you. Ab will approve. I
      for one don't have but a kindergarten level understanding of Scriptural
      Hebrew grammar, so power on, and thanks for the tasty tidbits.

      Blessings! Jon