3511RE: [lxx] Qumran and LXX

  • Richard J. Saley
    Sep 13, 2010
      Hi Jim,

      I think you might find the following very useful:

      Ulrich, Eugene. The Biblical Qumran Scrolls: Transcriptions and Textual
      Variants. VTSup134. Leiden, 2010.

      Ulrich has put together in one volume all of the biblical transcriptions and
      variants (minus comments and reconstructed variants) from all of the relevant
      DJD volumes.

      Cheers,
      Dick Saley

      Quoting Jim Darlack <jdarlack@...>:

      > I'd be interested in any other resources that folks may know about.
      >
      > The main resource I've used for this kind of thing (at least while helping
      > students here at Gordon-Conwell) is the Discoveries in the Judaean Desert
      > (DJD) series published by Oxford. It ain't cheap by any means, and I have
      > access only because I've got the privilege of working at a theological
      > library. So if there are other resources that accomplish this, I'd love to
      > see them.
      >
      > Another resource is David L. Washburn's A Catalog of Biblical Passages in the
      > Dead Sea Scrolls (by Brill/SBL). I don't know about how 'comprehensive' it
      > is, but it gives a good overview on a verse-by-verse level that at least
      > clues the researcher to potential differences.
      >
      > The footnotes of the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible (eds. Martin Abegg, Peter Flint &
      > Eugene Ulrich) can help clue folks into DSS/MT/LXX differences as well
      > (though it's English-based and intended for a lay-audience).
      >
      > Jim Darlack, Assistant Librarian for Reference & Bibliographic Instruction
      > _
      > [cid:3346240738_35195457]THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
      > 130 ESSEX STREET, SOUTH HAMILTON, MA 01982
      > P: 978.646.4004 | F: 978.646.4567
      >
      > THINK Theologically | ENGAGE Globally | LIVE Biblically

      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      Richard J. Saley, Ph.D.
      Lecturer on the Ancient Near East
      Dept. of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
      Harvard University
      Six Divinity Avenue
      Cambridge, MA 02138-2091 USA
      Tel: 617-495-4239