3442Re: Contextualization & LXX Translation

  • tachygraphy
    Mar 29 8:35 AM
      Peter Papoutsis wrote:

      PS Just so you know usually we reserve the term LXX for the first Five Books of Moses and OG (Old Greek) for the rest of the Greek Old Testament/Tanak. Take care.

      Peter, this is the first I've ever heard of such a distinction, and it strikes me as bizarre, since - as far as I am aware - the Greek canon of the OT, commonly referred to as the Septuagint, includes all the books found in the Masoretic Hebrew text. What is the basis for such a convention and who are "we"? Scholars, in general, or just the membership of this list?

      David James
      Rye, NH
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic