3426Amos 9:11-12

  • JavaJedi2
    Jan 5, 2010
      I'm currently reading a book that deals with several citations in Acts and the author surveys views of how the LXX of Amos 9:11-12 came t5o be, given its significant differences from the known Hebrew text. Apparently, most authors think that the LXX translation should be explained in terms of changing the Hebrew into something else. Would there be other examples in the LXX where an otherwise clear Hebrew t4ext was so radically altered? In spite of opinion to the contrary, I have to believe that the LXX is based on an unknown Hebrew text. I know there are sometimes some "interesting" translations in Greek of the Hebrew text but not this different.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic