3220Re: [lxx] Re: Apocrypha Quotes in NT

  • Sigrid Peterson
    Sep 2, 2009
      Exactly so. Those are the references in Hebrews 11.35, found as notes in the
      NRSV, and elsewhere, for this verse. I think my syntax may have been
      confused at one point, but clearly Hebrews 11.35 refers to Jewish scripture
      (Kings) and the Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical books (2 Macc 7) and implies,
      perhaps, reference to 4 Macc, where the tortures are descriped explicitly
      and at length.

      Sigrid Peterson

      Sigrid Peterson, PhD
      Instructor