3207Re: [lxx] The LXX used as the OT for Christians

  • Revdougpickrel@aol.com
    Sep 1, 2009
      Hello Michael:

      I would except the LXX and MT above any modern translation?for this reason,?the translators

      from MT to LXX?were?natives of both languages and they knew their languages much better

      than anyone today.

      Paul showed evidence of?quoting from?LXX in Gal. 3:17 where?he?said the Law came 430 years

      from?the promise to Abraham.? Confirming the Paul's usage of LXX which said Abraham

      lived in Canaan and Egypt (Ex. 12:40 LXX ) a combined total of 430 years.

      I am sure there is move evidence but that was the only one that stood out for me.

      Shalom

      Doug

      Rev. Doug?Pickrel, Litt.D.

      San Antonio, TX