3204Apocrypha Quotes in NT

  • patandjimellis
    Sep 1, 2009
      I have heard that one of the reasons we should not accept the Apocryphal Old Testament books as canonical is because they were never quoted by Jesus or the Apostles in the New Testament.

      Is there available a list of cross references between Old Testament Apocrypha verses and their corresponding quote in the New Testament?

      A couple of similarities or references which come to mind are shown below but these are not actual quotes.

      1. When Paul mentioned that he was in a dilemma between continuing to live or to die (Philippians 1:23-24) with death looking preferable, it may echo some of the words of Tobit in Tobit 3:2-6

      2. When the Apostle Paul mentioned God's omnipresence on Mars Hill in Acts 17:27-28 it could be considered to be what is stated in Wisdom 1:7 but also to Jeremiah 23:23-24 and 2 Chron. 6:18

      3.My 1611 King James Bible contains some Old Testament apocryphal books and has a cross reference at Hebrews 11:35 to 2 Maccabees 7:7 but that cross reference is not found in newer versions of the KJV.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic