      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      From: el504@...
      Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 01:51:39 -0700
      Subject: Re: [lxx] Gen 25:27 aplastos

      The word itself means not-formed (a=<negative prefix> + plastos=formated [from the v. plasso = to form]). Since it is possible for "plastos" to have the meaning of "fabricated" according to Hesychius lexicon (5th c. AD)ie. not the truth (Aesch.) - "a-plastos" could have the - metaphorical - meanning of "truthful" and could me a possible rendering of "thm".

      "Simple" in Greek is "aplous" (not-complicated, from nevative "a" + plous=multi (like in "multi-plication"). The two words aplous/aplastos seem related but not directly).

      See also:

      Hesychious lexicon

      5123 απλαστος (aplastos)

      ἄ-πλαστος, ον, not moulded, i. e. in its natural state, natural, unaffected, Plut.

      --- Στις Κυρ., 31/05/09, ο/η James <jamesjay@...> έγραψε:

      > Από: James <jamesjay@...>

      > Θέμα: [lxx] Gen 25:27 aplastos

      > Προς: lxx@yahoogroups.com

      > Ημερομηνία: Κυριακή, 31 Μάιος 2009, 4:13

      > Hello all;

      > New to this group

      > James Kirby

      > Could anyone offer help on a word in Gen 25:27. The word is

      > "aplastos".

      > I cannot find any reference to this word in any lexicon

      > & my copy of the

      > LXX does not give a Strong's #. The Hebrew word is "tam"

      > Strong's # 8535

      > but I cannot find the Greek "aplastos".

      > Thank you;

      > James