3159Re: [lxx] Gen 25:27 aplastos

  • Kostas Papadopoulos
    Jun 2, 2009
      Hi,
      The word itself means not-formed (a=<negative prefix> + plastos=formated [from the v. plasso = to form]). Since it is possible for "plastos" to have the meaning of "fabricated" according to Hesychius lexicon (5th c. AD)ie. not the truth (Aesch.) - "a-plastos" could have the - metaphorical - meanning of "truthful" and could me a possible rendering of "thm".
      "Simple" in Greek is "aplous" (not-complicated, from nevative "a" + plous=multi (like in "multi-plication"). The two words aplous/aplastos seem related but not directly).

      See also:
      Hesychious lexicon
      5123 απλαστος (aplastos)
      ἄ-πλαστος, ον, not moulded, i. e. in its natural state, natural, unaffected, Plut.

      --- Στις Κυρ., 31/05/09, ο/η James <jamesjay@...> έγραψε:

      > Από: James <jamesjay@...>
      > Θέμα: [lxx] Gen 25:27 aplastos
      > Προς: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      > Ημερομηνία: Κυριακή, 31 Μάιος 2009, 4:13
      > Hello all;
      >
      > New to this group
      >
      > James Kirby
      >
      > Could anyone offer help on a word in Gen 25:27. The word is
      > "aplastos".
      > I cannot find any reference to this word in any lexicon
      > & my copy of the
      > LXX does not give a Strong's #. The Hebrew word is "tam"
      > Strong's # 8535
      > but I cannot find the  Greek "aplastos".
      >
      > Thank you;
      > James

      >     mailto:lxx-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;