3078Jeremias 28:11

  • Peter Papoutsis
    Feb 14, 2009
      Hello All:

      I have a quick question in regards to the ending of Jeremias 28:11. Pursuant to the Zoe Brotherhood/Apostoliki Diakonia LXX text, Rahlfs-Hanhart Septuaginta (Editio Altera), Swete's LXX, and the Penn. State LXX parasing program (that usually has all listed variants) the ending of Jeremias 28:11 reads:

      ἐστίν ἐκδίκησις λαου̃ αὐτου̃ ἐστιν

      Which I have translated as: "...it is the vengeance of His people."

      However, I noticed that in the NETS translation that uses Ziegler's critical LXX text it translates this last part of Jeremias 28:11 as: "vengence for his shrine."

      I have not been able to find any variant in regards to the word λαου̃. Maybe Ziegler is using the word vαοs or some variant thereby, but I have not been able to find it. So, my question is does anybody know what variant Ziegler is using for the ending of Jeremias 28:11 where he substituted the word shrine for people, or is the NETS translation somehow interpreting instead of translating this last part of Jeremias 28:11 as "Shrine" instead of "People"? If anyone has any answers it would be greatly appriciated.

      Thank you.