2977Question on Early Church fathers' use of Septuagint

  • mike karoules
    Jul 1, 2008
      Hello folks,
      I have a general question.    Is is okay to ask where I can go online to check out sources that tell or document  how much the  church fathers of the 1st and early 2nd century  used the Septuagint bible.??   I mean was their main source for scriptural quotations more from the MT  or the Septuagint??  Anyone that can give me even a general answer would be good.  I just curious to know at what length they employed the Greek Old Testament .  Was this their translation?  How accurate were their Old Testament quotations in their letters.  Thanks folks.

      Cordially,

      Mike Karoules
      Metro-Atlanta, Georgia