2740Re: [lxx] Re: Hebrew transparent in Greek

  • brian boland
    Jan 1, 2008
      Hi Andrew,
      I also get garbage on this yahoo mail address. Is Yahoogroup interface different again to yahoo mail classic ???? Brianj

      finckean <finckea@...> wrote:
      Dear Kevin,

      In lieu of reposting it at a time when I'm creeping along on page 80 (of
      87) of the Fernandez Marcos corrections, I say this:

      I just looked at the message, which I composed in the Yahoogroups
      environment (not hotmail) with the RTF Beta editor (new) using the
      Tavultesoft Keyman Greek Classical keyboard that shoots everything in in
      Unicode, and all of the Greek looks fine. I use caps for the Hebrew,
      because the RTF beta editor still doesn't know how to do Hebrew, or I
      don't know how to code it in a way that it looks right. I prefer to
      force everybody to become comfortable with seeing Greek letters and
      words in their Yahoo interface than do what Sigrid threatened to do ("Go
      back to G-Mail"). When I read the messages in my hotmail inbox, the
      Greek is indeed garbage. But - I guarantee you - the Greek in the last
      several messages, viewed in the Yahoogroups interface, is fine.

      Andrew Fincke
      --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin P. Edgecomb" <kevin@...> wrote:
      > Andrew, could you in future please post your messages using the ASCII
      transliteration for Greek? None of your Greek comes through, making your
      point(s) quite increasingly obscure.
      > Regards,
      > Kevin P. Edgecomb
      > Berkeley, California
      will come to bow down to him with (or 'for'? - lit. 'in') a silver coin
      and a loaf of bread and say, "Attach me to one of the priest-groups to
      eat a piece of bread!" That's the Hebrew, but Codex Vaticanus deletes
      "and a loaf of bread", while the Lucianic mauscripts and a lot of other
      ones (some in the margins) have "and in bread one". How do we get from
      "loaf of bread" (KIKAR LECHEM) in Hebrew to "and in bread one"
      (και εν αρτω
      ενι) in Greek? [snip]

      Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.