      From: sentto-1293705-1762-1135262975-dhindley=compuserve.com@... [mailto:sentto-1293705-1762-1135262975-dhindley=compuserve.com@...] On Behalf Of Ken Penner
      Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:48 AM
      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [lxx] Re: Luke 3:36 and the LXX

      > Which of these, if any, contains Jubilees 8:1-3 I just don't know.

      None of the Qumran fragments contain Jubilees 8.
      The extant parts of the Latin of Jubilees begin at 8:10.
      A Syriac fragment has most of 8:2-4.

      The Latin and Ethiopic manuscripts of Jubilees tend to be harmonized to the Vulgate and LXX (via the Ethiopic OT).
      However, the Syriac could be an independent witness to the pre-Christian text of Jubilees if it is translated directly from the Hebrew, as Tisserant argued.

      Ken Penner
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic