1870RE: [lxx] Re: Luke 3:36 and the LXX

  • Ken Penner
    Dec 22, 2005
      Sorry about the wrong QYNN. I was thinking of the son of Enosh, not the son of Shem. My mistake.
      Let's try again.

      Jubilees 7 is not preserved in the Qumran fragments.

      However, the Genesis Apocryphon lists the sons of Shem at 1QapGen 12:11. The beginning of the list has been lost, but the end is there. The list is in the same order as the LXX, so fortunately we can see where the KAINAN would have been at the end of the list. It is not there. We have: ...WR )RPK$D LWD W)RM WBNN NQBN XM$ (...ur Arpachshad Lud and Aram and five daughters). No QYNN.

      Ken Penner, McMaster/DSS
      Dead Sea Scrolls scholars' list owner, http://mailman.McMaster.CA/mailman/listinfo/g-megillot

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic