1865Re: [lxx] Re: Luke 3:36 and the LXX

    Dec 20, 2005
      The sequence KAIKAINANKAI at Gen 10.22 is ripe for corruption and variation. If
      you want to see how much, check Wevers' Gottingen edition, which you can also
      see online at

      http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/gopher/text/religion/biblical/lxxvar/1Pentateuch/1Gen-gk.htm
      (with unicode Greek) or at

      http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/gopher/text/religion/biblical/lxxvar/1Pentateuch/1Gen-all.txt
      in "beta" coded transliteration.

      Figuring out, unaided, the Goettingen sigla as adapted by CATSS is another
      matter, but it is not impossible, and has its own rewards! There is much
      confusion in the textual witnesses on these matters. I doubt that there is
      anything certifiably "Christian" about any of it.

      Bob

      kraft@...