1864Re: Luke 3:36 and the LXX

  • Matthew G. Hamilton
    Dec 20 12:51 PM

      Gen 10:22-24 and Gen 11:12-13:--
      -- are not found in the Dead Sea Scrolls
      -- are not found in any of the pre Christian LXX manuscripts
      -- are only found in 2 LXX manuscripts that predate the Great Codices, see
      P.Berlin Graec.Fol.66 I,II (Rahlfs 911), a Christian MS of about the late
      3rd century
      P.Beatty IV (Rahlfs 961), a Christian MS of about the early 4th century

      Apologies, but I don't have my editions of these MSS with me at the moment
      to check the readings, and I don't have much knowledge of later MSS

      Matthew Hamilton
      Moore Theological College Library
      1 King Street Newtown NSW 2042

      iBurst Wireless Broadband from $34.95/month www.platformnetworks.net