      From: sentto-1293705-1750-1135088448-dhindley=compuserve.com@... [mailto:sentto-1293705-1750-1135088448-dhindley=compuserve.com@...] On Behalf Of Wieland Willker
      Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:18 AM
      To: LXX-List
      Subject: [lxx] Re: Luke 3:36 and the LXX

      Thanks for the info!
      The interesting thing is that the name KAINAN is not found in the Masoretic text. It has been argued that it is a Christian addition to the LXX in order to bring the genealogy in Genesis in line with Luke. What is the evidence for this? Do we have any pre-Christian Greek evidence for these passages?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany