1656Re: [lxx] The AD and Zoe texts

  • Mitrophan Chin
    Jun 6, 2005
      > However, here is another question: Should the
      > Orthodox Church revise its LXX liturgical readings
      > to conform to this text?

      Isn't Rahlfs' text a reconstruction of what he think
      is the original LXX based on oldest manuscript
      evidence? I think the LXX liturgical readings is based
      on the received Byzantine lectionary tradition, and
      shouldn't change just because some one produced an LXX
      OT for academic reasons probably with influence from
      those Greek codices from 4-5th century, and not for
      Orthodox liturgical reasons.

      -Mitrophan

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic