1654Re: [lxx] The AD and Zoe texts

  • kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu
    Jun 5, 2005
      The statement about the New English Translation being published by Oxford is not
      entirely accurate. Rahlfs is being used only where Goettingen is not yet
      available. For information on the recommended critical texts, see the IOSCS web
      site (also linked to my home page, URL below in the signoff)

      http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/ioscs

      Bob Kraft (hastily, from Rome)

      Quoting Peter Papoutsis <papoutsis1@...>:

      > Here is the official response from Holy Transfiguration Monastery. L et me
      > know what you think. I believe it confirms my statement of a "Modified"
      > version of Rahlfs' while using some, but not all, of the Orthodox Church's
      > LXX litirgical readings.
      >
      > However, here is another question: Should the Orthodox Church revise its LXX
      > liturgical readings to conform to this text?
      >
      > Peter
      >
      > Note: forwarded message attached.
      >

      > Peter A. Papoutsis

      > Discover Yahoo!
      > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing & more. Check it out!
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic