      From: Dan King
      Sent: Apr 4, 2005 3:32 AM
      To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [LXX] 1st Chronicles 2:9

      Without any particular evidence...I would suggest that the reading of Rahlfs is what is found in the major uncials upon which his edition depends. He may have thought it a Christian inerpolation, but he would not have introduced into the text a conjectural emendation of that sort without at least some ms evidence for it. Your best bet for further info would be the Gottingen edition of Chronicles.

      If you can get hold of supplements to Vetus Testamentum, vols 25,27 in that series are:The Greek Chronicles : the relation of the Septuagint of I and II Chronicles to the Massoretic text / by Leslie C. Allen. That might provide some clues...

      yours
      Dan King