Re: [lx90] Powering the lx90

  • George D. Nincehelser
    Message 1 of 33 , May 8, 2013
      Honestly, I don't get all the power angst some people are having here.

      If your gear were really so incredibly sensitive, it would have burnt up in
      your home long ago.

    • johnm
      Message 33 of 33 , May 12, 2013
        Hello Mark,
        Thanks for your reply. I am a member of the West Yorkshire Astronomical Society. Although because of my wife's health I have not been attending recently.
        I can recommend the society. It is a very helpful friendly active society and has a 14-inch Meade in a dome. Look up their web site.
        My old classic is more than 12 years now. I bought it second-hand from a chap in Southampton. It was one the best buys I ever made. I only do visual work but one day I may get into imaging. I am a retired teacher and because of my age if I ever change my scope it will be for an 8 inch because of weight considerations. The LX90 is lighter than the CPC, which is an important factor. I have never had the opportunity to look through a CPC but would want to do so before I bought one. In the meantime my faithful LX90 may well see me out

        Best wishes and keep in touch

        John.