Re: [lx90] 2' diagonals

  • luther mcpherson
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 19 9:49 PM
      Robert,
      I have the 2" Williams diagonal on my 12" and it clears. I don't know if it is still available or not as I got it about 5 or 6 years ago.
      Luther

      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 20 7:06 PM
        I have an LX-90 8".
        I got an OPT 2" diagonal, Deluxe Dielectric [D2SCTDI], it had the SCT
        thread adapter on it so it screwed right on the back,
        but I observe with a 10 year old and frequently re-orient the eye
        piece/diagonal to the side so she can see through it easier.
        The SCT thread adapter needed to be unscrewed and screwed tight again,
        it was somewhat awkward.
        So I bought a Tele Vue short adapter, ACS-0004, that threads onto the
        back of the scope, and uses compression rings to hold a Diagonal in
        place.
        I found a Celestron 2" diagonal for about $15 on Cloudynight,
        unthreaded the barrel from it and it threaded into the OPT 2" diagonal
        (luckily they had the same threads).
        This was a bit to long, so I took the barrel off the diagonal again
        and introduced it to Mr. Lathe. Mr Lathe happily removed about 3/4" IRC.
        I rethreaded the barrel onto the OPT diagonal and it all cleared the
        base at zenith, the twisting of the diagonal and eye piece left,
        right, and vertical was easy.

        That was my solution.

        Bart

        "Only he who attempts the absurd
        is capable of achieving the impossible."
        Miguel de Unamuno