Book Title

  • bgash14464
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
      What is the name of the very basic beginner's boot that identify's brighter stars and constollations for the given time of the year? I used to own it but gave it away. Now a friend purchased a telescope and I want to recommend this book to them.

      Thanks!
    • pinyachta
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
        PATTERNS IN THE SKY - Ken Hewitt White ISBN 1-931559-39-2

        Probably find it on Amazon for a buck. Good for everyone interested in astronomy. I keep a copy around as a quick reference/refresher

        --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, "bgash14464" <bgash2@...> wrote:

        > What is the name of the very basic beginner's boot that identify's brighter stars and constollations for the given time of the year? I used to own it but gave it away. Now a friend purchased a telescope and I want to recommend this book to them.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Kevin Muenzler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
          For all of you in the United States, happy Independence Day. Be safe!

          http://www.eaglecreekobservatory.org/july4

          Kevin/WB5RUE
        • Joe Tannenbaum
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
            And from AZ: Happy and safe 4th!

            Joe

            >For all of you in the United States, happy Independence Day.  Be safe!
            >
            >http://www.eaglecreekobservatory.org/july4
            >
            >Kevin/WB5RUE

          • bearman145
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2012
              Another great book is "The Stars - A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey of Curious George fame. I bought this for my daughter, but enjoyed it myself. The glossary includes a pronunciation guide, which is helpful.

              It's available on Amazon for $9.