Re: Meade 909 APM physical removal

  • kelron97
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
      --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, "stargasm" <gtaylor441@...> wrote:

      > I need to physically remove my 909 from an LX90 to move to another mount, but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to release it from the mount. I fear too much pressure on that tab will break it. There must be a trick to releasing it. Thank you in adavance.

      There is the plastic mount on which the 909 modules slides into place.
      To release the module, you have to pull the tab forward sufficiently to allow the keyed module legs enough clearnace to
      allow it to slide off the base. It's unlikely the tab will break, as it is quite pliable, anfd you would really need to be brutal to break it.
      The module has to slide in the direction of the tab.
      HTH.
      Ron.
    • Henry Misiorowski
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
        I believe the issue lies with the mounting bolts for the slide.  If it was installed with round head bolts that comes with the OTA instead of the flathead bolts that come with the 909 then yes, it will require quite a bit of force to remove.  Hope this helps.

        henry

        > I need to physically remove my 909 from an LX90 to move to another mount, but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to release it from the mount. I fear too much pressure on that tab will break it. There must be a trick to releasing it. Thank you in adavance.

        There is the plastic mount on which the 909 modules slides into place.
        To release the module, you have to pull the tab forward sufficiently to allow the keyed module legs enough clearnace to
        allow it to slide off the base. It's unlikely the tab will break, as it is quite pliable, anfd you would really need to be brutal to break it.
        The module has to slide in the direction of the tab.
        HTH.
        Ron.

      • stargasm
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2011
          Thank you both! I got it off with a bit of struggle, and without damage...and re-installed on new mount.