Re: [lx90] Re: Alt az home position for easy alignment of a GPS scope?

  • Jim Gedye
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1, 2011
      So, I've downloaded 43GF.spf and checked only the PEC.  It seems I've tamed the
      beast for the most part.  There are still one or two little glitches that bug me
      however.  After I've put the scope in the home position and am setting up time,
      date etc. it almost always slews about 5degrees west for no apparent reason.

      You mentioned grease on an encoder disk.  What's this about?  A couple of months
      back I did maintenance on the clutch with the kit from Peterson Engineering.  I
      didn't remove the fork housing or mess with the electronics, only the clutch.

      Thanks for all your help.  Now I'm curious about the PEC so I may have more
      questions.

      Jim