Re: RA issues

  • wilgaze
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hi Dick,
      Thanks for the reply, it is set at -02.75075. I found some info you posted a while back suggesting a 15% starting point.I made that change and following an improvment in the weather I'll give it another run and let you know the results.

      Willie

      --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@...> wrote:

      > Check and re-set the "Percentage" settings under
      > Setup->Telescope->"Az/RA Percent"
      >
      > good luck
      > --dick
      >
      > --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, "wilgaze" <wilgaze@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all, I know this has ben discussed but I cannot find any answers in the old messages. I have always good reponce and tracking until the other night. The drive would return a good bit back to the west when I let go on the east direction button. This also sent the autoguider into crazy mode. I calibrated the motors, retrained the drive in Alt-Az. I am not using pec. Am I missing something? Any suggestions would greatly be accepted. Thanks....
      > >
      > > Willie

    • autostaretx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
        IF you're seeing overenthusiastic anti-backlash motions,
        you want to lower the Percentage to 1%, and then only increase
        it if you find the lag irritating.

        have fun