Re: [lx90] LX-90 counterweight

  • Dale Liebenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hi,
      I suppose you could make your own, similar to one of the commerially available one's.

      I have a heavy camera setup and found that I had to add additional weight to my standard Losmandy couterweight system.
      This turned out to be not such a good idea as the camera is on the centre line of the OTA (more or less) but the counterweight is on the circumference (4" from centre-line on 8" scope) and thus creates a turning moment in certain positions.
      So I have ordered a seperate weighting setup for the opposite side to achieve better balance.

      So, if you can spread the weight around the OTA in your design, you can achieve better balance