Re: [lx90] Abulfeda & Descartes

  • luther mcpherson
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2007
      Ed,
      It seems that you just keep out doing yourself on each picture you post. Your work just simply amazes and baffles me to no end.
      Luther
      Edward Roach <elancer65@...> wrote:
      Hi all,

      This is an image of the area surrounding Abulfeda & Descartes taken on October 31st.

      8" LX90 @ f/25, DMK 41AF02.AS w/green filter, 250/850 frames, MAP 47 points.

      http://tinyurl.com/ytre8m

      Thanks for looking,
      Ed Roach

    • Joe Tannenbaum

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2007
          Thanks Adrian. The green filter helps bring out the finer details when
          imaging the Moon under good seeing conditions. It's best to capture
          with a narrow slice of light in the shorter wavelengths when seeing is
          good, because resolution increases as wavelengths decrease. These
          shorter wavelengths are more effected by atmospheric turbulence so you
          can only use them when conditions are good.

          Regards,
          Ed

          --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Challinor <adrian.challinor@...>
          wrote:

          > Thats very impressive.
          >
          > Forgive me if I ask a novice question. Why the green filter? I can
          > understand taking out excessive UV.
          >

          > As you can probably guess, I am new to the LX group, and trying to
          learn
          > about astrophotography.
          >

          > Adrian

        • Edward Roach
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2007
            Thanks very much Luther!! It's nice to know you don't need a very
            expensive scope to capture fine images as the LX90 can go toe to toe
            with the best of them:-)

            Thanks,
            Ed

            --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, luther mcpherson <mcsmurf1950@...> wrote:

            > Ed,
            > It seems that you just keep out doing yourself on each picture
            you post. Your work just simply amazes and baffles me to no end.
            > Luther
            > Edward Roach <elancer65@...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            >
            > This is an image of the area surrounding Abulfeda & Descartes taken
            on October 31st.

            > 8" LX90 @ f/25, DMK 41AF02.AS w/green filter, 250/850 frames, MAP
            47 points.

            > http://tinyurl.com/ytre8m
            >
            > Thanks for looking,
            > Ed Roach

          • Edward Roach
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1, 2007
              Thank you Joe! Who needs a satellite when you have an LX90:-)

              Thanks,
              Ed

              --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, Joe Tannenbaum <jtannenba@...> wrote:

              > Not fair Ed, The rest of us don't have access to a satellite!
              >
              > Joe
              >
              > Edward Roach <elancer65@...> wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > This is an image of the area surrounding Abulfeda & Descartes taken
              on October 31st.

              > 8" LX90 @ f/25, DMK 41AF02.AS w/green filter, 250/850 frames, MAP
              47 points.

              > http://tinyurl.com/ytre8m
              >
              > Thanks for looking,
              > Ed Roach

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • luther mcpherson
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 1, 2007
                Ed,
                After looking at what you've done with you DMK 21 and now seeing what you're doing with your DMK 41 your making me (probably everyone else too) drool to no end and wishing that I was back in the USA right now so I can go purchase a DMK 41 and begin playing with my 12"LX90 that I am homesick for. Right now I won't be leaving Guam until 8 March 08 at the earliest. I do have other interests that do keep me busy over here like: hiking, snorkeling, and I just got re-certified for scuba diving yesterday and will do the advanced course next month when my instructor gets back from Christmas vacation.

                Couple of questions:
                1. What else do you need besides a computer/laptop do you need to atke pictures with the DMK?
                2. Are you able to use it for DSO's too?
                3. I have a 2.5X Powermate should I condsider getting the 5X or would this overkill?

                Many thanks for the wonderful pictures you've been sharing with us

                Luther

                Edward Roach <elancer65@...> wrote: Thanks very much Luther!! It's nice to know you don't need a very
                expensive scope to capture fine images as the LX90 can go toe to toe
                with the best of them:-)

                Thanks,
                Ed

                --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, luther mcpherson <mcsmurf1950@...> wrote:

                > Ed,
                > It seems that you just keep out doing yourself on each picture
                you post. Your work just simply amazes and baffles me to no end.
                > Luther
                > Edward Roach <elancer65@...> wrote:
                > Hi all,
                >
                > This is an image of the area surrounding Abulfeda & Descartes taken
                on October 31st.

                > 8" LX90 @ f/25, DMK 41AF02.AS w/green filter, 250/850 frames, MAP
                47 points.

                > http://tinyurl.com/ytre8m
                >
                > Thanks for looking,
                > Ed Roach

              • stargazerlx90
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 2, 2007
                  -Hi Ed,
                  Another super clear image(Don't know how you manage to dodge all the
                  clouds & turbulance?)I still think your best friends with
                  Hubble,He,He,He.
                  May'be one day you could label the bits of the moon you image,Stick
                  it together, and make a Map, then some of us newbies can learn a
                  thing or two about it' As i can't seem to find a good map on the web.
                  Looking forward to the next!!.

                  Jeff.

                  -- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, Edward Roach <elancer65@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > This is an image of the area surrounding Abulfeda & Descartes
                  taken on October 31st.

                  > 8" LX90 @ f/25, DMK 41AF02.AS w/green filter, 250/850 frames,
                  MAP 47 points.

                  > http://tinyurl.com/ytre8m
                  >
                  > Thanks for looking,
                  > Ed Roach

                • Matt Wastell
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 16, 2007
                    Hi Ed

                    I have not yet used my DMK USB camera as yet due to our wonderful
                    Brisbane weather! AHHHHHHH!

                    I get the green filter for good seeing conditions.
                    Is a red filter then a good option if the conditions are poor? I need
                    to use every tool as our atmospheric conditions are poor during summer.

                    Thanks
                    Matt