Re: Dick Seymour's Patch Kit for Autostar

  • Kim Miau Lee
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
      Dick, with the altazimuth guiding, is the limited exposure time increased?

      Regards.

      --
      -Robin Lee
      Pioneer & 2007 President of CHHS Astronomy Club

    • Joe Lalumia
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
        --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@...> wrote:
        >The easiest way to install the patch is to download the free trial
        software at http://www.stargps.ca/ install the software and then have
        it go online and get the (automatically) the latest Meade firmware and
        the correct Dick's PATCH software-------- you will still need the
        regular Meade software to install TOURS------- however the trial
        software at StarGPS updates about twice as fast as the Meade software.

        The only thing "broken" in the trial software is that about half way
        through the update, it slows down to the normal Meade software update
        speed. Works great for updating the firmware AND installing Dick
        Seymour's PATCH at the same time.

        Joe

      • autostaretx
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
          --- In lx90@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Miau Lee" <robin051@...> wrote:

          > Dick, with the altazimuth guiding, is the limited exposure time
          > increased?

          I have no idea.

          You'll still suffer the effects of field rotation,
          and that may be more limiting than anything else.

          have fun
          --dick
        • Jeff Weiss
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
            Robin-
            I haven't actually tried this yet, but the guiding commands are only
            given as error corrections between frames, so I don't think there is
            any guiding going on during the individual exposures. Since there
            also isn't an derotation of the recorded data, I don't think the
            single-camera guiding with altaz mount will affect exposure time at
            all. I was just hoping it would keep the image centered for a longer
            number of exposures without attending to it.
            Jeff