Re: [lx90] Equatorial Wedge fro LX90 8"

  • arthurok
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 1, 2007
      excuse my english, flipping it around is pointing it south.
      i think tilting the tripod might be a good idea .
      after leveling it the amount to shorten 1 or 2 legs could be
      determined usng simple trig.
      look at an 884 tripod its just a hinged plated with a calibrated
      rod ??
      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 4, 2007
        Hello all,

        I am even worse, my latitude is around 2 degree north. At this latitude, the
        scope is just like normally mounted on altazimuth setup (the mount directly
        sits onto the tripod head) with some offset. Is the adapter plate really
        needed in this case since the pressure is mostly on the wedge but not the
        bolt? I know that one of the lag has to be bound with sandbags so that the
        assembly won't flip over.

        Is it easy to do polar alignment at this latitude? Polaris is almost
        invincible to me as it's so near to the horizon.

        --
        -Robin Lee
        My Astronomy Blog- www.AstronomyNotes.net