EP heater strap position

  • Pat Chaney
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      I've just got myself a Dewbuster and two heater straps, one of which
      is for the eyepiece. I'm not really sure how necessary that one is
      but it seemed like a good idea just in case - and if not it will also
      fit the finderscope. Do these have to be fitted around the EP itself
      to be effective, or will they work around the EP holder/diagonal
      (where it could remain when changing EPs)?

      Pat
    • AstronomyW4WMM@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        I put mine around the diagonal's tube that accepts the eyepiece and it works
        fine.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
          Thanks Alan, I was hoping that would work. I imagine it would be more
          effective around the EP, just less convenient.,

          Pat

        • AstronomyW4WMM@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
            Something else "I" do is to place one of my other eyepieces in an inside
            pocket so it will be warm when I use it. To bad I can't put them all in there!
            Ha!

            In a message dated 02-Dec-06 7:34:52 A.M. Central Standard Time,
            pat@... writes:

            Thanks Alan, I was hoping that would work. I imagine it would be more
            effective around the EP, just less convenient.,

          • kimlx90
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
              You can if you use an eye pod, well three anyway. Works for me.

              Kim