First image of M31

  • warped0202
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 3:15 AM
      Piggybacked my ccd camera tonight to take some widefield photos. I
      could go unguided for quite a while without any trailing but the sky
      glow limited exposures to below 90 seconds. Light pollution around
      here is horrible but since I'm just learning how to take photos it's
      good for practice. Anyhow, I managed to capture M31, first time it
      looks anything remotely like a galaxy. I also tried M42 and M45 but
      they were lower on the horizon in bad sky glow. No nebula is visable
      in M45, and very little detail in M42, but I posted them anyway.
      Images were acquired using a ST-237 w/ 28mm lens, piggybacked on a LX-90.

      M31 - 20 x 60 seconds
      http://astro.baysidedigital.com/images/m31_widefield_20x60s_stacked.jpg

      M42 - 10 x 30 seconds
      http://astro.baysidedigital.com/images/m42_widefield_10x30s_stacked.jpg