Re: photoshop

  • nukelarrysb
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 1, 2002
      The full version of Photoshop is $600.

      However, there's a "light" version called Photoshop Elements
      (formerly called Photoshop LE). It's got most of what you need
      and it is only $99.

      The same package will work on Macs or PC's too.

    • Astrofx@aol.com
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 6, 2002
        In a message dated 4/5/2002 11:51:41 AM Central Standard Time,
        khayes0@... writes:

        > One advantage of AstroArt is that is can handle JPEG format files unlike
        > AstroStack. AstroArt can also control CCD cameras and support auto guiders
        > of several brands.
        >
        > Ken

        True and AstroArt can do a whole lot more. It can do Astrometric and
        Photometric calibrations of your images (in FITS) format, calculating the
        magnitude and exact position of each object, saving the results in the proper
        scientific format. This is incredible if you enjoy doing variable star
        observation. It can calculate down to several hundredths of a magnitude with
        a very small margin of error on an image with decent signal to noise ratio.
        It also has a blink feature, which allows you to compare two images (of the
        same section of sky) taken a few minutes apart, and cause anything that has
        changed relative position to "blink". This feature can pick out a comet up to
        12th magnitude on my LX-90. If you aspire to bagging the next comet, this is
        a wonderful tool. I have just scratched the surface with this program, but
        can highly recommend it for features going well beyond it's ability to make
        some pretty pictures.
        Charlie.