RE: [lx90] Image Shift ??

  • Wayne Powell (AeroWood)
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
      I believe they're refering to image shift during focussing.  My ETX's suffered from this (the image would shift in the eyepiece when focussing), it's a slight movement of the main mirror as it travels in the OTA body, I believe.

      And they're right, the Nexstar's focus movement is nice and clean.  The Nexstar 5 focus knob turns smoothly with just the right amount of resistance and there's little, if any shift that I can detect.  I did, however, originally have one NS5 whose focus screw was knocked out of alignment and needed to be re-centered (although I ultimately took it back because the focus turns were not as smooth throughout 360 degrees as some other one were.

      Wayne Powell
      From: Bob Snelgrove <steelgtr@...>
      To: lx90@egroups.com <lx90@egroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, November 30, 2000 7:52 PM